Effective Ways to Promote Your Business
You have a small business that provides services to local customers.
What are the most effective ways to promote your business?
Here are my recommendations for getting the best results from online marketing. We start with claiming your Google My Business listing, getting a professionally designed website and performing ongoing search engine optimization (also known as SEO).
Rank Higher on Google and Get More Leads
- Claim your Google My Business listing
- Get a Professional Business Website
- Perform Ongoing Search Engine Optimization
- Produce High Quality Content Consistently
Step 1. Claim Your Google My Business Listing
Claiming your Google My Business listing is free and will greatly improve your online presence. Your Google listing, when effectively managed and optimized, can improve trust, clearly display your business information and help increase your search rankings. A professionally managed Google business profile helps you reach customers, add photos, regularly post company information and get leads via messages and phone calls. You do not need to have a website to claim a Google listing.
Step 2. Get a Professional Business Website
You want to build a website that will generate leads and establish a professional, appealing online presence. It is important to choose a website framework that is based on a solid architecture provides all of the features you will need as your business grows. WordPress is the most popular website development platform available.
Step 3. Perform Ongoing Search Engine Optimization
To compete with other businesses in your industry and continue to attract new customers, your website needs to be consistently optimized for search engines. It is important to implement and maintain proper technical SEO that follows Google’s best practices.
Step 4. Produce High Quality Content Consistently
Professional writing and optimization of website pages and blog posts greatly improves search ranking. Web pages and blog posts are referred to as “content”. Google rewards websites that consistently create quality, well-optimized content.
How Professional Web Design, SEO and Content Writing Helps
- Define online marketing strategies to meet your specific goals
- Optimize your Google My Business listing
- Improve technical SEO and content quality
- Create optimized web pages & blog posts
What else can professionals do to help grow your business?
- Collect, track & analyze leads
- Continuosly build knowledge of your business and industry
- Make recommendations based on experience
- Collect and display customer reviews
- Implement effective website placement of email quote requests & clickable phone numbers
- Write descriptions of your business, selling points, services, associations, client lists
- Provide links to your Google My Business listing, Google reviews and social media pages
Develop Your Story To Promote Your Business
Write a detailed description of what your business does. Describe your history, services, purpose. Talk about what you offer and why your company stands out. Describe each service in detail.
Think about the services that are most important, that bring the most revenue. Prioritizing your services helps when creating an effective marketing strategy.
This information is very important and extremely useful for marketing.